Residents in Mississauga are advised that yard waste collection starts the week of Monday, March 11. Residents are encouraged to visit the Region of Peel and use ‘When Does It Go’ to check their collection day.
Yard waste must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on a resident’s collection day. It must be placed in acceptable bins, containers and/or bags.
A bin/container used for yard waste collection must be:
· clearly labelled "yard waste",
· rigid and reusable with handles that are attached or molded to the exterior,
· smaller than 60 cm (24 in.) wide and 95 cm (38 in.) high, and,
· less than 20 kg (44 lbs.), when full.
A Kraft brown paper bag used for yard waste collection must:
· support a maximum weight of 20 kg (44 lbs.) when lifted, without tearing,
· securely close when full, and,
· be smaller than 66 cm (26 in.) wide and 90 cm (35 in.) high.
Residents can use their old garbage container or blue/grey box to set out yard waste for collection.
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for more than 1.4 million people and 173,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel's services touch the lives of residents every day.
Recognized as a leader in management and service delivery, the Region of Peel is the only government organization at any level to receive Excellence Canada’s Platinum Award for Excellence, Innovation and Wellness®.
These are the watermain, sanitary sewer and Regional road projects in Mississauga. Click below to view them by street name.
Click on the link below to find out how to sort your waste and to view your collection calendar.