· Winter garbage exemption period (scheduled for January 25- February 5) is suspended.
· This is being done to ensure the health and safety of essential front-line staff, while maintaining waste services for the long-term.
· Residents can continue to put up to 2 extra garbage bags without tags during this timeframe. Excess garbage (apart from the 2-bag allowance) placed at the curb will not be collected.
· If residents must dispose of excess waste immediately, take it to a Community Recycling Centre. Disposal fees apply.
· Bulky items will be collected at the curb and accepted at Community Recycling Centres.
· Staff will consider having an exemption period for garbage when it is safe and practical to do so.
· Check Peel Region waste site for more information or sign up to receive free waste reminders.
· Single tags are not sold
· Tags will arrive by mail 6 to 10 days after the order is placed
· Put excess garbage out only on your garbage collection day
· Garbage tags must be used to dispose of excess garbage bags
Residents can also take their excess garbage to any Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC)for drop-off. Disposal fees apply. CRCs only accept credit or debit cards. No cash accepted.
For more information on how to set out excess garbage, check peelregion.ca/waste.
These are the watermain, sanitary sewer and Regional road projects in Mississauga. Click below to view them by street name.
Click on the link below to find out how to sort your waste and to view your collection calendar.
Rats can cause damage by gnawing and burrowing. They can contaminate food, spread disease and reduce our quality of life.
Beginning January 4, 2020 assistance will be available for qualifying residents that are dealing with rats on the exterior of their property. Phase 1 of the Residential Rat Control Subsidy Program will allow residents to submit original receipts or invoices for rat traps, baits or licensed pest control vendors purchased and/or dated from June 1, 2020 to February 28, 2021.
The program will provide a 50% subsidy of the total costs up to a maximum of $200 per year, per residential Region of Peel address.
Phase 2 of the Residential Rat Control Subsidy Pilot Program will be launched in Spring 2021 and updates to the program will be available on the website.